AWARDS & QUALITY MARKS
CONTENTS (QUICK LINKS)
- SUNDAY TIMES: THE 13TH BEST OF ALL COMPS IN THE U.K 2024 (CLICK HERE)
- SUNDAY TIMES: THE 3RD BEST FULLY COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL IN THE U.K. 2024
- SUNDAY TIMES: THE BEST FULLY INCLUSIVE SCHOOL IN THE U.K. 2024
QUICK LINKS TO OTHER AWARDS & QUALITY MARKS
IN THIRTEENTH POSITION, CRANFORD IS NOW RANKED TO BE ONE OF THE VERY BEST OF ALL 4,000 COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOLS IN THE U.K. FOR 2024.
CRANFORD IS ALSO RANKED AS THE THIRD BEST FULLY COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL IN THE U.K., making it also the best fully comprehensive school in London.
SIMPLY THE BEST IN THE U.K. OF SCHOOLS WITH THE MOST OPEN AND INCLUSIVE INTAKE.
Even better still, Cranford is proud of its commitment to full inclusion so is particularly delighted that Cranford is judged as the best fully comprehensive school with a completely open admissions policy and which does not give preference priority students from priority areas or partner schools, and treats every applicant equally.
Congratulations, as always, to the staff and students who work so hard to be the best, and to our parents and community for their full support in improving life chances.
OTHER AWARDS & QUALITY MARKS
In addition to Cranford's 'Best Comprehensive School in the U.K.' ranking, Cranford Community College has a 'pedigree' track record and has been repeatedly recognised as being at the forefront of educational practice and innovation for over a decade, as marked by a variety of accolades:
- Challenge Partners: Achieving OUTSTANDING in all areas (including 97% of lessons observed to have OUTSTANDING teaching) when inspected by Challenge Partners.
Challenge Partners is made up of a group of schools and academies, who work together to support each other and lead school improvement both locally and nationally.
The Partnership has its roots in the London Challenge programme which developed an approach to school improvement based on school-to-school support and practitioner-led innovation.
Cranford was delighted to be confirmed as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas when inspected by a Lead Inspector and a team from London Challenge.
- Repeatedly gaining national recognition from SSAT, year on year, for the OUTSTANDING PROGRESS made by Cranford students.
Cranford Community College is one of a select number of schools in the country to receive the SSAT Educational Outcomes Award for Exceptional Student Progress.
"Recognising and sharing successes like this is at the heart of SSAT's mission, so I'm delighted to congratulate Cranford Community College on their achievement." Sue Williamson, Chief Executive SSAT.
- Awarded LEADING EDGE status, becoming part of an elite national network of the highest performing schools and academies, which supports others through sharing innovative and effective approaches by its members.
Cranford Community College became a National Support School designated by the National College.
The government established over 500 teaching schools of which Cranford was one, working with other schools to help with their improvement.
The network of teaching schools was made up of the very best schools - those which are outstanding in their own performance and have the capacity to support other schools to improve teacher training, professional development and classroom practice.
Cranford's skilled and experienced staff offer support to a range of schools developing teaching and learning and leadership both locally and nationally.
- Awarded membership of the GOLD club in recognition of the academy's excellent achievements over time. This rated Cranford in the top 3% of London schools.
Gold Club members are schools, designated by The Mayor's Office, that have succeeded in improving pupils' aspirations and achievements in circumstances where other schools have had less success.
"The Headteacher’s ambition of creating a first-class education for the local community has been achieved through his passion for setting high standards and aspirations for staff and students."
The Cranford Group of Schools is an association of local schools that work in partnership to coherently support the local community that they all serve.
The group’s success is built on its flexibility. It seeks to join together where this creates a benefit for schools and the community, to work in partnership to gain efficiencies, to share best practice and encourage on-going school improvement, to learn together and to develop vision through exchange including, for example, in using ICT to aid learning.
The Cranford Group of Schools operates at several levels involving a range of secondary and primary schools.
- Leadership of the Cranford Teaching School Alliance supporting other schools and academies locally and nationally following designation by the Secretary Of State.
- Achieving the DIAMOND Award for Cultural Diversity for the excellent achievement and cohesion of the diverse groups that make up its rich community.
- Used as a Case Study for 'Creating a Culture of Equality and Opportunity' read more
- Awarded Arts Mark GOLD Award for its commitment to, innovation and excellence in the creative arts curriculum.
- Awarded leadership of the Science Learning Partnership across 7 boroughs to promote excellence in science teaching.
The SLP comprises a range of other primary and secondary schools across 7 boroughs providing access to high quality science CPD with a proven impact on teaching and learning to secondary science teachers, technicians and primary teachers in the boroughs.
The Science Learning Network works with Science teachers and technicians to inspire pupils by providing them with a more exciting, intellectually stimulating and relevant science education, enabling them to gain the knowledge and the understanding they need - both as the citizens and as the scientists of the future.
- Achieving the Healthy Schools Award for successfully promoting healthy lifestyles and well-being in the academy population (students and Staff).
- Achieving the Investors in Careers Award recognising the OUTSTANDING quality of the academy’s Independent Careers Education Advice and Guidance.
- Receiving the Sports England award for EXCELLENCE in Physical Education activities read more
- Achieving the GOLD standard of Investors in People Award which puts the academy in the top 1% of employers nationally.
Cranford Community College has achieved the GOLD standard of Investors in People Award.
Less than 1% of businesses and organisations that undergo IIP assessment achieve gold and we achieved this standard by a very clear margin.
The report describes Cranford staff as ENTHUSIASTIC, PROFESSIONAL and DRIVEN. It continues ‘Particularly impressive is the range of CPD (Continual Professional Development) activity, the use of people’s skills, the sharing of knowledge and the fact that the school takes account of people’s different learning styles’.
- Accreditation of the PLATINUM Award by the Transport for London School Travel Plan and becoming a Beacon School for cycling initiatives read more
- Awarded International Schools Status for a record 6th time in a row due to the astonishing international links and opportunities enjoyed and provided by the academy.
In recognition of Cranford’s International dimension the International Schools Award has now been awarded multiple times.
The school’s ethos is very much outward looking with the community, local, regional, national and international at its heart.
Internationalism is an integral element in embedding the global experience into the everyday curriculum at every level, through the diverse cultures, languages, religions, technologies, art, music, literature and customs that are represented within the Cranford Community.
This in turn provides a rich range of opportunities to broaden the understanding, experience and knowledge of children and young people to grow into global citizens.
Cranford Community College has been recognised with the World Class School Quality Mark for exceptional standard of education.
The award recognises state secondary schools which have gone beyond outstanding, and are exceptional, compared to international standards, with students of a high calibre and world class qualities.
♦ A printed copy of this website information is available on request, but please consider the impact on the environment before requesting ♦
♦ Protect the environment and help Cranford to move towards becoming a paperless school during 2023-2025 ♦