PERFORMANCE TABLES SUMMARY 2019
HEADLINE: Continuing a consistent and very strong ‘year on year’ trend, Cranford students in 2019, have performed WELL ABOVE NATIONAL AND LOCAL AVERAGES across a very broad curriculum, including across all the EBacc subjects, and this leads on to high destination rates to the sixth form, employment/training and higher education (including top universities).
- PROGRESS 8: Cranford students make excellent progress over Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
The 2019 Progress 8 (P8) score is ‘WELL ABOVE AVERAGE’ and this has been the case at Cranford ‘year on year’, as confirmed in the national performance tables for each of the last three years.
Cranford P8 students achieved +0.64 compared with the National average P8 -0.03.
The P8 score for all students is consistently ‘WELL ABOVE’ LA and National averages. This applies to all groups of students including boys, girls, disadvantaged pupils, SEND, EAL, all bands of prior attainment (including most able and those with high prior reading and maths scores).
- OVERALL ATTAINMENT 8: The overall attainment 8 score for Cranford students is also ‘WELL ABOVE NATIONAL’.
Cranford students scored 54.13 compared with a National average A8 of 46.55.
ENGLISH & MATHS
- 75% of Cranford students (‘WELL ABOVE NATIONAL’) achieved grade 4 or above in English and Maths (compared to 64% Nationally).
Additionally, the conversion rate for Cranford students who did not achieve a grade 4 by the end of KS4 but then does so in the sixth form is very high.
- 58% of Cranford students (‘WELL ABOVE NATIONAL’) achieved grade 5 or above in English and Maths compared to 43% Nationally.
- The EBacc APS score for Cranford is also WELL ABOVE National (Cranford EBacc APS 5.17 - National EBacc APS 4.07).
- Progress 8 score for disadvantaged students attending Cranford is 0.53 (‘WELL ABOVE NATIONAL’) compared to the disadvantaged pupils National average Progress 8 score of -0.45.
- Attainment 8 score for disadvantaged in Cranford is 51.04 (‘WELL ABOVE NATIONAL’) compared to the disadvantaged pupils National average Attainment 8 score of 36.54.
- 69% of disadvantaged pupils achieved grade 4 or above in English and Maths (‘WELL ABOVE NATIONAL’) compared to 44% Nationally for disadvantaged pupils.
- 50% of disadvantage pupils achieved grade 5 or above in English and Maths (‘WELL ABOVE NATIONAL’) compared to 24% Nationally for disadvantaged pupils.
- EBacc APS score for disadvantage pupils is also 'WELL ABOVE NATIONAL' (Cranford disadvantage pupils EBacc APS 4.83 - National EBacc APS 3.07).