Tremendous Results 2015
|Key Stage 4 PROVISIONAL||CCC||England||Difference|
|5+ A*-C (Including EM)||62.4%||53.4%||+9.0%|
|5 passes A*-C||67.5%||63.8%||+3.7%|
|Progress 8||(≥ ¾ of a grade per subject) +0.75|
Cranford Community College GCSE Success
Kevin Prunty, Executive Headteacher, said “This year has seen another tremendous rise in the overall results that students have achieved at Cranford Community College and is clear recognition of the hard work and determination of students and staff”.
The overall headline of 5 A* - C including English and maths is 62.4% which is a pleasing rise on last year and is well above national. In particular the number gaining the EBACC has continued to rise, now being over 18% better than other schools nationally.
The new Progress 8 measure which will become compulsory next year shows that students at Cranford get, on average, nearly a whole grade higher in every subject than their peers nationally which shows that the vast majority make outstanding progress at the school.
The students also did well in achieving the higher A* and A grades with numerous success stories including:
• Kavlin Aurora who scored 13 A* A grades
• Sachin Ranadev who scored 12 A* A grades
• Sabi Dhiman, Jaan Gaur, Suhur Mohamed, and Jaslin Aurora, who achieved 11 A* A grades
• Sahithya Natarajan, Ishita Sharda, Muhammed Sarwar, Rimsha Amjad, and Shanzay Sherazi who gained 10 A* A grades
• Ibraheem Ahsan, Nameerah Ahmed, Saranian Thiagalingam, Gavir Virk, and Ziah Charles scored 9 A* A grades
We are very proud of the achievements of all of our students. These results provide a superb platform for A level study and preparation for university alongside so many students last week who now are embarking on their futures at top universities.
Overall A* - C = 68.1% Provisional (subject to outcomes from remarks)
‘Another fantastic year for Cranford sixth form students with yet again record numbers gaining high grades and securing places at some of the world’s best universities'.
These are a selection of our main highlights today:
• Gugandeep Banga has secured a place at New York University on a fully funded Fulbrook Scholarship to study Sciences and English. He scored A A B in English, Chemistry and Biology. This is a highly prestigious scholarship and the first time a Cranford student has achieved this.
• Surya Varatharajan scored A* A A in English, Maths and Religious Studies and has secured a place at Durham to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics
• He will be joined by Karanveer Kang who will be reading Philosophy and Theology after gaining 3 A grades in Maths, History and Religious Studies
Three students will be going to Kings College London:
• Ali Almosoy will read Dentistry after gaining 3 A grades in Biology, Chemistry and maths
• Maham Ijaz will study Neuroscience after gaining A* A B in Chemistry, Maths and Biology
• Ravi Mandalia to read Biomedical Science after gaining A A B in Biology, Chemistry and Maths
Many more of our students will be attending university:
• Amandeep Bains scored A A A in Geography, Religious Studies and Sociology and will be going to UCL to read Geography
• Cerise Serai will be reading Psychology at Queen Mary University London after securing A* A B in Psychology, Geography and Maths
• She will be joined by Shabaz Khan who will be reading maths after gaining A* A B in Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry
• Gursharan Seera scored A* A B in English, Religious Studies and Maths and she will be reading Law and Philosophy at Kent University
• Simran Mehra will be reading History at Birmingham University after securing A A B in History, Religious Studies and Economics
These are only a small selection of the stunning results achieved by the students at Cranford and is a credit to their hard work and the support of their parents and teachers. Well done!