Posted on August 18th 2016
Amazing A Level Results 2016
Yet again, Cranford Community College students are celebrating an amazing set of A level results. Kevin Prunty, Executive Headteacher, said, “We are particularly pleased that for so many of these students they are the very first in their family to go to university. The Roll of Honour includes:
- Alexinder Riyat who achieved A* A A and will be reading Computer Science at Warwick.
- Fizza Amjad achieved A* A A and will be studying Medicine at Imperial College.
- Ali Aweis will also be studying medicine having scored A A B. Disappointing results in year 12 spurred Ali on to work flat out in year 13 and he will be going to King’s College London.
- Jacinta Noel achieved A* A B and will be studying Law at Exeter University.
- Gurpreet Wadhwa gained A A B and will be reading Law at Birmingham University. Gurpreet’s family fled from war-torn Afghanistan in 2001 and are determined that their children make the most of university opportunities that do not exist in their home country.
- Faisa Hassan is not only the first in her family to go to university but also the first to complete A levels in her family scoring A A B. Faisa is the oldest of 7 children and takes a significant role in looking after her younger siblings. Sadly, her grandmother passed away two weeks before her A level exams. Despite this, Faisa achieved these excellent results and will be studying Psychology at University College London.
- Farah Fadhluddin gained 3 A grades. Farah arrived at the age of 8 from the Yemen with no knowledge of English at all, not even of the alphabet. She has had to take exams during a very stressful time for her family given the current war in Yemen. Despite these challenges Farah will be going to read English at King’s College London.
We are also delighted that one of our year 10 students Noman Khan gained an A* in A Level maths three years early. Noman is intending to work in Aeronautical Physics in the future, and has nearly completed all the units required for Further Maths. Noman is clearly a mathematical genius!
Congratulations to all of our students on their great A level successes this year”.